freezing windows and wont restart out of safe mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1confusedpcowner

Dear Users

I have some problems I would be extremely grateful for advice with. My PC windows XP 2002 professional service pack 2 kept hanging about 1 minute after I booted up and logged in. To remedy this I previously went to am previous restore point and it fixed the problem. This time I went back and tried different restore points all to no avail. I then ran msconfig and tried diagnostic mode where it ran fine, and then tried selected setup and the machine ran fine. The problem I now have is that all of system services will not work and are disabled as I cannot get the machine to not run in diagnostic or selected startup. I selected normal startup and it will boot in diagnostic or selective (it picks and chooses) and all my internet and system settings have gone. I anyone has any advice before I try a club hammer that would be great and much appreciated. I am not brilliant with PCs so any easy answers and basic steps would be great. I appreciate any help and advice.
:eek:

1confusedpcowner

Just to follow up I do not have my XP disks with me and am trying to get rond the problem. Seriously any help appreciated
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online