1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing with buzzing sound

Discussion in 'Games' started by Royer, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Royer

Royer Thread Starter

Hello guys i signed up just to ask you about my problem which is ongoing for a year now.

The problem is when i play games like Battlefield 4,Arma 3 and lots of heavy games i don't really have any problems.But there are some games that causes my pc to freeze with a really loud buzzing coming from my headphones and requires me to restart my computer.For example Total War Rome 2,Shadow of Mordor,Grid Autosport,Splinter Cell: Blacklist are the ones that caused this to happen.The weird thing is,i was having this problem 2 months ago while playing Rome 2,and now i can play Rome 2 as long as i want without having this problem,but 4 months ago i could play Grid Autosport as long as i want without that problem but nowadays i'm having this problem while playing Grid Autosport.The freezing appears randomly,sometimes 30 minutes in to the game,sometimes after 3 hours of gameplay.I can't predict when its going to happen.If i'm to describe it more clearly,the freezing starts with little buzz sounds and mouse starts to slow down,then system gets to a full freeze with loud buzzing noise from my headphones.

My System:

i7 3770k
    GTX780 AMP!
    Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
    16 GB Corsair Ram
    850W Raidmax PSU

FYI if you think this is a heat related problem,i am certain that its not a heat related problem..Because this happens no matter how hot my CPU & GPU is when the computer freeze.I did both prime95 and furmark tests for 1 hour,no problem occured.I even formatted my PC 2 months ago,it did not solve the problem either.I also done the Memtest completely without running into an error.

Things that i done:

I deleted and reinstalled my audio drivers-didn't work
    Tried different graphics card drivers-didn't work
    Replaced my thermal paste-didn't work(lowered my temperatures which is nice)
    Underclocked my GPU-didn't work
    Memtest-No errors
    Furmark-No errors
    Prime95-No errors
    Full system virus scan with avast-found nothing
    Tried different PSU-didn't work

Guys i'm desperately waiting for your solutions,i saw so many people with similar problems but their solutions did not work for me.

In addition,when i play Rome 2 (or any other games that i listed above) and leave the game after a while without a crash,the buzzing/freeze appears randomly while i'm doing anything.I think playing any of these games triggers this problem.

Sorry about my bad english.

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

When I've had issues like yours in the past (except the freezing part) I solved it by replacing the sound card. Are you using a PCI card or an onboard?

3. Royer

Royer Thread Starter

I don't know anything about the sound cards,i don't even know where it's placed in the motherboard.So i don't know if its a PCI or onboard.But i think its onboard.

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

5. Royer

Royer Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16345 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, -1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 407626 MB, Free - 283529 MB; D: Total - 499999 MB, Free - 499188 MB; E: Total - 999999 MB, Free - 362707 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77M-D3H
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/b5oUo2QoEnASYSRA4PuftZw

and thank you :)

6. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

7. Royer

Royer Thread Starter

8. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

What actual temps are you getting, particularly when under load? I can see some reported temps in Speccy but assume that is with the pc relatively idle at the desktop. As a reference point, I had an old NVidia card that was fine on all tests (furmark etc) but would crash in the same way as yours (based on your description) in some games, the crashes only occured when the GPU got over 75C which was well within its thermal spec. Putting an after market cooler on the GPU to ensure it stayed below 75C and I never had another problem.

As you have a Gigabyte board and using Win 7 64 bit I would download and install Easy Tune 6 from the Gigabyte site and use that to monitor any temperatures and PSU voltages. Get it here.

I think it may be worth looking at the PSU also and checking its voltages for the +3.3v, +5v and +12v rails both at idle and under load, I assume those reported in speccy are again at idle? It is not the worst PSU out there but it also isn't a particularly good one either in my opinion. Even the manufacturer doesn't have that much faith in it as they only give it a 2 year warranty, a decent PSU would have 5 years warranty, this shows faith in the components used.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141760

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice