Freezing with games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CheGuevara

Not really sure how long it's been effecting me, but im using Windows XP professional, and whenever i play Games ( i think i've narrowed it down to games using 3-D but not positive on this ), no matter how low the system requirements ( AKA, Tribes 2, Rise of Nations ) the computer freezes either constantly, or once an hour, or if im lucky once every 4-5 hours, but no matter what, theres a very high chance that the next time my computers off isnt because i shut it down using the start menu, but i had to turn off the power.

System Specs are as follows ( coming from DxDiag )

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: VIA
System Model: 7VTXE+
BIOS: Version 1.00
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.7GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 119MB used, 1131MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)

Make sure it's not overheating - take off the side of the case, and have a fan blowing towards the inside. Clean out the dust inside, and make sure the fans on the CPU and graphics card are working.

Also, what is your power supply rated at? It might be overheating as well.

CheGuevara

Its a 350W Power supply ( 330 for the computer, 20 for the blue lights ) and i took the side of the case off, There are 4 Fans, 1 on the side, 2 in the back and 1 on the CPU, which IS working, but then i felt the heatsink and it burned me :|, but thats probably how its supposed to be. and have a fan blowing towards the inside, do you mean computer fan or an actual fan? :D

Well since they're all working, heat probably isn't an issue, but just to make sure, clean out all the dust in the case. Which heatsink burned you, the video or the CPU?

It still seems like something with the power supply though. Do you have a surge protector?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online