1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ahs62, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

Hi

I am at the end of my rope with my machine constantly freezing and locking up. I am running Windows 7 (32 bit), my machine has an intel core 2 quad processor @2.83GHz each, 4 GB RAM and 1.36 TB hard disc space. I have tried most things to rectify the problem but none seem to have been affective. I have a good registry clean up programme, I have Norton 360 Premier addition installed, I have updated all my drivers I checked that it wasn't my wireless mouse/keyboard combo causing problems but still it freezes up and I have to reset or switch off to release it! It can last anything from 5 minutes to just over an hour before it freezes. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. pip22

pip22

Could be poor cooling.
    have you checked that all cooling fans are running?
    Interior of PC and all vents cleared of heavy dust deposits etc.

3. captainron276

captainron276 Ron

Registry clean up programs are not recommended here as they cause more harm than good to your computer. You might try disabling Norton and see how your system runs, as Norton uses a lot of system resources.

You should also check your temps to eliminate that possibility. Download this free utility which we use here.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Look to the right side of page and be sure not to click on the Pro version. Click on the english 1.19 to get the free version.
    Once you install this let it run in the back ground as it will show you highs and lows as you run your computer, then post a screen shot of temps here for evaluation.

4. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

Thanks Pip, all vents are clear and fans working. Captainron, I have downloaded the utility you advised and I am currently running it. I will post a screen shot in a short while.

thank you both for your help

5. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. hssonline

hssonline

can you got to run and type :Msconfig and hit enter

Go to startup tab and take screenshot of startub tab and attached to this post.

Also the screenshot of installed programs will help.

My idea is there is conflict of firewall installed on your system... do you have any other security software installed other than norton 360...

7. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

Thanks hssonline

here are the screen shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. hssonline

hssonline

Opps do not see any issues with installed program or startup items ...looks pretty clean machine.

Can you just run full scan using norton 360 and let me know if it freezes your computer or not.

Also check event viewer for more errors.

9. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

Ok running scan now, will let you know what happens

10. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

computer froze again but when it rebooted and I selected repair mode it shut down and showed a blue screen stating it had discovered an uncorrectable hardware error and told me to check if any new hardware or software had been installed correctly which to the best of my knowledge everything is installed correctly!

11. hssonline

hssonline

Ok... any errors starting with 0x....??

12. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

it states the following under technical information:

Stop: 0x00000124 (0x00000000, 0x8181601c, 0xB2000040, ox00000800)

not sure what it all means

13. hssonline

hssonline

14. Ahs62

Ahs62 Thread Starter

Replaced the hard drive and still having the same problems. Ran a memory test and no problems found it is so frustrating

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!