Freezing!!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nick545

Hi I have a computer that my dad built with someone else. (I think he used the cheapest parts he could find) Anyway It was working good until my dad kicked it over by accident. Then whenever I started it it would freeze. I cleaned it out and now it freezes when I play games or try uninstalling/installing big programs. And occasionally when I start it. But for Christmas I got an Ipod video. Now when I try converting my videos so that they fit on my ipod my computer freezes. I need help so that I can use my computer, play my games and get videos on my Ipod. It's annoying the hell out of me. Please help!!!!!

Nick

If it was kicked over, it most likely has hard disk surface damage. Do a surface scan of the hard disk.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
I would start by reseating every connection there is. Pull out and re-replug every power and data cable, do the same with every PCI and AGP card, and the same with the memory.

Also make sure the heatsink hasn't broken off, Intel Pentium4 heatsink brackets are quite fragile and break often. But check the heatsink regardless of the CPU type and brand.

And check the case for dents, if its dented on the side with the motherboard it could be shorting out once in while.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online