1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frequent 1-seconds freezes off the whole system whithout doing anything

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kindt.nick, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kindt.nick

kindt.nick Thread Starter

Hi guys,
    I've got a problem, and I thing that this is my last hope...
    I currently own a HP dv8000 notebook:
    - 1.86 dual core
    - 2gb ram
    - 250gb WD 5400rpm HD
    - Windows Vista Bussines SP1
    - Office 2007
    - Stripped AVG 8.0
    - Firefox 3
    - winamp 5.21 lite,
    - Nero 8 Lite,
    - Adobe Audition CS3
    - Adobe Masters Collection CS3
    - Cc cleaner
    - Tuneup Utillities 2008
    (These are the main programs that are used.)

Their have always been problems with this notebook, even in Win Xp Pro Sp2. But now the notebook seemed to have no issues anymore. That was untill a couple of weeks ago. So everyting really ran smooth, booting, shutting down, surfing, listening to audio streams. Untill, the system completely hanged for like just one second (including freezing mouse, keyboard, audio stream just skipped). And a couple of seconds later again, again and again. It's just randomly. And it's driving me insane.
    The only thing I can see, is that in the CPU/ Memory meter in the sidebar CPU 1 just jumps from 100%, and this also for just one second.
    I've tried disabling AVG, elimated processes turning down services. Also tried turning of the wifi module, of just not conneceting to any LAN of Wifi. Still, no use. It all has no use. Even when I don't touch the computer, I hear the audiostream randomly skipping.
    One last example, when i started writing this thread, the notebook randomly/contiously had the one-second freezing problem. No, when I'm writing the last word, the notebook just runs fine.
    I already tried to run ADPlus, which was talked about in this thread. But i can't use ADplus, because, I really don't know, which program/service is causing the problem.

I'd really appriciate it if someone could help me out or even get met started to point out to a pretty darn good monitoring prog so that's I can catch the *******...

Thanks,
    Nick

PS: Off course, also, did a full sweep with spydocter and avg 8

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice