Frequent boot problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dustyjay

Jay
System:
Gigabyte GA-7VT600(L)
Athlon XP200+ (Not Ovrclocked)
Apacer 512Mb PC2700
ATI Radeon 9000 4X AGP
Kingwin 500Watt 3 fan PowerSupply
60Gig Maxtor
80 Gig WD
Mad Dog 8X DVD Combo drive
Samsung 24X CDRW
Windows XP Home SP2

Problem:
Frequently during boot up will get through the windows splash screen then freeze. Doesnt matter Cold boot or restart. At first I suspected a bad powersupply. After testing with a 450 Watt antec same results. This doesnt happen everytime just enough to be very annoying. WinXP has been completely reinstalled. 60 Gig drive is brand new, Previously had the 80 Gig as boot drive. Started doing this before installing the new HDD. So I am not leaning towards that. Reseated all ram checked all connetions. Only thing I can think of that I havent done yet is Mem test. I am leaning towards a software problem, but am unsure. If any one has any thoughts or suggestions I would appreciate it.

TIA
DJ

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd clearly test the memory first. However, if it always stops at the same place, it might be related to bad drivers or hard disk going bad.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online