1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frequent BSOD's lately.:( Please help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by VIKINGS, May 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

As the title says I've been getting quite a few bsod's all of a sudden in the past few days. I don't think I've made any major changes to my system recently, nor have I installed any strange software/drivers, maybe just Quicktime for my browser but I doubt that has anything to do with it. Can anyone please tell me why I am getting these errors, is it software(which one) hardware(which component)?!?:(

TSG Sysinfo:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 630 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8190 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76308 MB, Free - 11970 MB; D: Total - 715402 MB, Free - 10002 MB; E: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 10776 MB;
    Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD, 870-C45 (MS-7599)
    Antivirus: BitDefender Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shotdown info:
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 0000000000000018
    BCP2: 0000000000000002
    BCP3: 0000000000000000
    BCP4: FFFFF8800135BF00
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 256_1

I've olso attached the dmp's. If there is any other info you need let me know just please help me. Thank you.

LE: Forgot to mention, updated my video driver yesterday and got the latest windows updates(the ones I need at least, I don't use ie for example), same issues.

Attached Files:

2. Megabite

Megabite

3. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Thank you for the quick response. Any way I can fix the bitdefender related bsod's? I like this antivirus, been using it for years and have grown kinda attached to it. I'll try getting a newer version and updating it, but if that fail any other sugestions so I may keep it? Olso, how come I'm having problems with it all of a sudden? Been using this version for quite some time and never had problems with it...
    And what about the ntoskrnl one? Is that kernel related? What could have caused that one?

4. Megabite

Megabite

You could try removing it as I suggested and downloading the new version and see

5. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Doing it as we speak, will let you know how it goes.

6. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Removed the old version, installed the new one, updated, restarted pc, opened my browser and just got another one. :((( Is it still from bitdefender? What exactly could be causing it to do that?!:(

Attached Files:

7. Megabite

Megabite

Yep Bitdefender

Probably caused by : bdfndisf6.sys

8. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Still getting them...:( Do you have any suggestions on how I may fix this please?

9. Megabite

Megabite

You could try and see if there are any Windows updates and any updates for your video card and Motherboard.

Did you download anything you can remember just before this started?

10. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Like I said, not really, just quicktime...

11. Megabite

Megabite

Don't know what to say...you could try removing quicktime and restart as a test.

Do you have any other protection programs installed?

12. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

Nope, no other protection programs. I've reinstalled bitdefender, reinstalled my motherboard network drivers(just to make sure I have the latest) and removed quicktime. Didn't help...:(
    I was thinking of reinstalling the whole windows tomorrow(THE HORROR) I'm just not sure if it will do any good....

LE: Hm, this is interesting, although I am not sure it's entirely accurate. But it seems the bsod's happen mostly after I fire up utorrent... Right now just runing the browser and totalcommander and no probs so far. Gonna try runing a game, but could there be a problem with utorrent and bitdefender? I really havent changed anything to any of them before this problem appeared.
    LEE: Played Binary domain for about 30 mins, no problems this time(utorrent closed). Advice?

13. Megabite

Megabite

Cannot really help you about Peer to peer programs as it is against the rules here. But using them is leaving you wide open to problems and viruses.

14. VIKINGS

VIKINGS Thread Starter

:(( K, well thanks for your help so far, I'll keep investigating.

15. Megabite

Megabite

I would check for viruses using a free online scan and free Malwarebytes

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!