1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frequent BSOD's :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by me10, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. me10

me10 Thread Starter

i am trying to fix a friends Acer TravelMate 2300:-
    one day, it started randomly crashing when the laptop was made to copy / download etc. The first time it happened was copying files from my PC to theirs via the network. We tried again and it happened again and once more and it happened again
    We gave up at that point, later that day they copied some files from a memory stick to the HDD and it caused a BSOD

The error message is the same each time:-
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer

KERNAL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time youÂ’ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation ask you hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F8 to select the advanced start up options, and then select safe mode

Technical information
    ***STOP: 0x00000077 (0xC000000E, 0x000000E. 0x00000000, 0x00EF7000)

Beginning dump of physical memory

any advice about what we should do, we have undone all installations and recent changes (the only noticeable change being changing the HD mode from PIO to DMA. We have now changed that back). We have also tried system restore back to Feb 1st when things were running smoothly.

are there any diagnostic programs we should run, or just general advice about what we should do.
    when the computer is not being worked it's fine, I have been typing this messager for a couple of minuites now and it's not happened. However if I started a download, or tried to extract a rar or whatever - it would freeze and blue screen...

2. me10

me10 Thread Starter

this is still a problem
    if anyone can offer any advice?
    thanks
    me10

3. idowindows

idowindows

4. me10

me10 Thread Starter

thanks but its not majorly helpful
    it just tells you to do things you would do anyway
    like run a virus scanner, a disk check and install updates
    this is a problem which has developed
    any more help?

5. jazz3000

jazz3000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/228753#top
    0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE: the drive went unavailable, possibly a bad hard drive, disk array, and/or controller card.
    Hopefully this explains more...Jazz

6. me10

me10 Thread Starter

thanks for highlighting this
    what can I do then to determine the problem?
    what can be done?
    there have been no new hardware changes, so something must have gone wrong...
    Is there a HDD diagnostic tool or something I can use?
    any help??

7. jazz3000

jazz3000

8. me10

me10 Thread Starter

As i currently do not have the laptop I will not be able to do this till tomorrow
    I will report back after the memtest has ran
    thanks
    henry

9. jazz3000

jazz3000

okay - we'll check it out tomorrow...Jazz

10. me10

me10 Thread Starter

jazz3000
    I have ran the memtest and reports no memory problems
    should I download and install PCWizard?
    What information do you need?
    thanks
    me10

11. jazz3000

jazz3000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315266 Based on all the error codes I'm wondering if all your updates have been done? Follow the link and read this page as it tells you what the issues are your having and how to try to resolve them. Concentrate on the chkdsk directions to see if it resolves some of the issues. Let us know, Jazz

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/685299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice