1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frequent memory leak on a primordial process

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheArchimate, Jul 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TheArchimate

TheArchimate Thread Starter

Good day,

Over the past few months, I have seen the performance of my Dell Inspiron 1545 worsen. This happened after I got it's battery fixed and bought a new charging cable.

Turns out, there's a constant memory leak (the memory usage goes all the way to 98% - about 2gb on the process and the 1gb left is used by the basic system processes - and remains there for a while) on the process "svchost.exe" every time the laptop is turned on and every now and then after some time of inactivity.

While I'm aware that this process is important and will always consume some memory when I boot the laptop up, the fact that I have to wait between 40 minutes and two hours to be able to run programs with normality ay random times concerns me a bit. Wonder if there's a way to fix it other than waiting.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What did you do to 'fix' the battery ? What version of Windows are you running ?

I'm typing this on a 1545 with 4GB ram and an upgraded Cpu and it runs Windows 7 and 10 quite well.

4. TheArchimate

TheArchimate Thread Starter

I bought a new one + cable. Windows version is 7 Professional. Also, the laptop came with 3GB ram (A 2GB card, a 1GB one).

5. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Does it run at normal speed in Safe Mode with Networking ? (tap F8 key at start to get the Advanced Boot Options menu).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice