1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fresh install freeze up laggy poor performance

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Manapulti, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Manapulti

Manapulti Thread Starter

Hey everyone. I have a custom built pc i bought from someone and i installed win 7 myself and for some reason its taking forever to do anything. Gets stuck opening chrome. Pages go slow. Ive updates all drivers using and windows updates. Updated java. Direct x. And i check task manager and its using a ton of ram. I did hard drive tests. Cpu gpu memory tests and no issues. Internet speedtest i get 100mbps windows rating was 4.8 but its laggy and slow and acting like its having issues doing what it needs to do. I honestly tried everything i can do and no luck any advice? Ill pay someone to remotely fix it for like 10 bucks lol

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Download, install and run Speccy. Click File > Publish Snapshot > Yes > Copy to Clipboard and then paste in the URL you just copied into a Reply to this thread.

3. lynx1021

lynx1021

Did you install the chipset drivers and all the other drivers from the motherboards website?

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice