Fresh install of Win XP Home, freeze when reboot??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dee_canada

I'm helping my friend install Win XP on a brand new hard drive. Install goes great, no problems until asked to restart computer and remove disk upon boot.

Once computer gets past boot screen, it freezes and has a grey bar along bottom.

If we try to restart it again, it tells us to start in.. safe mode, ect. ect.
We've tried to boot it any mode, but starts to load and freezes.

I'm ready to try anything

Try leaving the CD in, and when it says "Press any key to boot from CD" dont press anything, i know it seems simple but a friend of mine had the same problem, solved by this. It could have been coinsidence but its worth giving it a shot.

dee_canada

That didn't work
It's still freezing after reboot and has grey line along bottom

Are you sure you were all the way through install? Was it down to 1 minute to go and then completed reboot?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts