1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fresh install of Win7..all updates...no dvd drive?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by etherdose, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

2. joeten

joeten

Hi try this
    1. Press Windows R, type regedit and press enter.
    2. Open the Registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. In the right pane, right-click UpperFilters, and then click Delete.
    4. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the UpperFilters registry entry.
    5. In the right pane, right-click LowerFilters, and then click Delete.
    6. Click Yes to confirm the removal of the LowerFilters registry entry.
    7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer

3. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Ok. When I get a chance I will try this. Dealing with a 2 month old boy at the moment, so when I have internet time is hit or miss.....you know? Anyhow, thank you for the reply and I will check this out when I am not changing a diaper. :p

=)

4. etherdose

etherdose Thread Starter

First Name:
    Michael
    Ok

I ran the registry edit and opened the key, but after clicking it to select it (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}, I do not see what you speak of on the right side.

This is concerning a black Liteon DH-20A1P45c Dvd burner. There are no working drivers on the website and windows 7 doesnt like it so far. It used to work.

5. joeten

joeten

Hi do you see any of the filter keys,you can also try removing the drive and boot the machine shutdown replace the drive and boot

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/987153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice