1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

fresh xp install trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cisbrane, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cisbrane

cisbrane Thread Starter

hello,

i decied to reformat my hp laptop. it came w/ some interesting partitions such as the quickplay and the hp_recovery...

i decied to leave the partitions alone and just delte the one that had my system files on it. so i go install windows on it after a reformat, and then i restart and it pops up the hp recovery wizard thing. the first time around i said sure, do your thing. reboot and got MBR error.. well that's no good so i decided to start over, and when the hp recovery came i up i simply said quit and reboot. now xp starts too boot then i get blue scrn of death yelling about something (gah i forgot an di am tryin' to install win again so i forgot what it said o_O)

any suggestions...?

2. KeyesZX

KeyesZX

Recovery CD? Well, I just did a factory restore with my Compaq Recovery CD a week or so ago. Didn't you just have to put in the CD and reboot with it in the optical drive? Basically, that's all I had to do and it did the rest for me.

3. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy cisbrane ! :)
    Have floppy drive? I can recommend you remove every little thing on your laptop with [email protected] Killdisk. Long you have XP Install cd rom and floppy drive you should ok.

4. cisbrane

cisbrane Thread Starter

the computer does not have floppy drive.

well i am trying the hp recovery dvd's that i made and see what that does. i'll get back to u ya guys thx.

5. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

G'day again cisbrane! :p

No prob. Unfortunate no floppy... :(

6. cisbrane

cisbrane Thread Starter

ok the recovery dvd's did the trick.

PRO: it's working

CON: i have all the original BLOAT WARE

7. KeyesZX

KeyesZX

Heh, at least it's working (y)

8. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice