Fried mobo?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fropez87

Hello I have a Dell Dimension 4500 from 2001-

How can I tell if my mobo is busted if it lacks integrated video, meaning that I can't test it in another system? I thought that my old video card (Geforce ti 4200) was busted, so I bought a replacement (Radeon 9600) for my AGP 4x slot. I still have no display and I am led to believe that the AGP slot is busted, or even worse the entire mobo. My screen display is black, but it is not the monitor that doesn't work. I wish I had a PCI video card to test, but I don't. Anyone have any ideas on how to test my mobo/AGP slot to see if it is functioning or busted? What would be the symptoms of a busted mobo? (ex. would the fan operate?, would the computer boot up?, ect.) Thanks for any help.

Dell won't replace the motherboard since I am no longer under warranty, and since Dell uses custom parts it seems that I am out of luck if the entire mobo is busted, otherwise I can just get a PCI graphics card.

there are plug in devices to test machines functionality. but most techies just use the process of elimination with older parts. and your comp may indeed be dead. if it is look on the bright side 4 years is a laverage life for a pc.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online