1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fried motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thecomputerguy4u, Jul 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thecomputerguy4u

Thecomputerguy4u Thread Starter

I have a 2 year old HP Pavillion DP6000, where the CPU failed. Fixed that, but now on start up does not recognize any hard drive installed and won't boot from CD.. I tried multiple SATA drives with some intermittant success where I can get to the Windows did'nt start correctly so run recovery message, but then goes blue screen on me.
    Any ideas?

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

How did the original CPU fail, or what made you think the CPU had failed? Its possible that if the CPU failure was due to something like a PSU blowing, then it has actually damaged alot more than just the CPU.

3. Thecomputerguy4u

Thecomputerguy4u Thread Starter

Hi Tanis,
    Actually, I must correct myself, the CPU fan failed, and when I went to repair/replace, their was hardly any grease at all. Performed CPU tests and reported everything OK. I did get an I/O error once on boot up. I've tried to change the SATA connections to see if it was a faulty connector, but it will recognize the CD unit, just not a HD. I tried to boot from USB but no luck as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice