1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Fried motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ultimaincubu, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultimaincubu

ultimaincubu Thread Starter

I am looking at a computer for a friend of mine. The problem is nothing will load up once the power is turned on. After turning on the power, nothing happens. The power stays on, but that's it. It does not appear to go through a POST script, nor does the BIOS appear to load anything.

I had the computer apart and everything seems connected just fine.

Any thoughts or questions?

2. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

First try clearing the cmos. If that doesn't work, remove all devices not required to post (IE Expansion cards, hard drives, optical drivers, etc) and anything on the back of the system, save the power and perhaps the video and keyboard. If it posts, start putting in one device at a time and see if it posts.

If it still does nothing, try configuring the system down to just motherboard, cpu/fan, and power(remove the ram as well) and see if you get some beep codes. If you get no beeps, then it's probably the motherboard.

3. ultimaincubu

ultimaincubu Thread Starter

Thanks for the tips Paladin-X.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice