1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

friend has a real mindblower on his computer

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ttomm46, Jan 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttomm46

ttomm46 Thread Starter

hi

a friend of mine has a gateway with a pentium3 500mhz cpu

he has win98SE.

he is on cable and i know he only upgrades norton anti virus sporadically

all he does is play a game online.

well when windows booted and got to desk top..it started asking for password.

then started getting messege that he had registry problems..mind you he could get on and play but the game would freeze very so often..

i tried to install norton utilities but where you remove cd and re.boot you get messege on black boot screen norton nav or something similar is missing and wouldnt load thew desk top

booted with gateway system revovery cd. and it got install win98SE part of the way and froze.

this is after the re-format and re-install.....win 98.

now when you boot it goes to the win98 screen and just hangs there.

i tried re-formatting by going to boot options and hitting dos prompt put you never get dos prmpt.

then i picked dos prompt in safe mode option. i got prompt and typed FORMAT says bad command.

if i try installing win98 from the win 98 cd get messege compressed drive detected installation will terminate.

im going nuts on this one

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice