Friends reunited - out of 10..............?

lighthouse

We've got this really cool site in the UK called "Friends reunited" which - as the name suggests - allows you to contact old buddies, colleagues, college alumni etc. It's a brilliant way of not having to make expensive phone calls/letter writing or time absorbing stints in public records offices. The only drawback is that to access the interactive parts of the site (read/reply to messages, find out about gatherings or arrange meetings etc) you use your email address. This is OK until you change or discontinue that address and it's very difficult to enter your new password/user name ID to continue subscribing.

Anyone here had similar experiences?

Not I, but I'll tell you it would be cool!, never thought of it but there are a few people in another state I grew up with I'd like to meet up with. Good way for old friends to reunite.

Guyzer

Guy
Why not use a Hotmail or G-Mail address? It will stay with you for life Lighthouse.

I have used myspace with some success. I ran into an old friend of mine from the Marines. He get's back from Iraq (he is a contractor there) in 4 days and I will be taking a road trip to South Carolina to see him, and meet some southern women :D.

Hi,
I'm a bit familiar with this site .. it's how I finally got my Mum interested in her pc!
I don't think we used to be able to change e-mail addresses before but the site has improved - I wonder if you've tried this already?

Go to the Friends Reunited site and sign in with your existing login details (old e-mail address). Go to the 'My details/profile' page (located in the blue column at the left), click on the 'My Account' tab, you'll need to re-enter your password, then 'submit' or enter.
You can change your e-mail address there .. and make sure to click Save. Hope that helps:)

lighthouse

Tried that and it just came back as invalid address - like it would if you logged on to that email account via the ISP.

Thanks anyway though!

lighthouse

A site like that would have been very useful about 25 years ago when things weren't exactly brilliant (still aren't). Being able to contact old buddies from a better - healthier - time in life can make all the difference.

Yeah, it definately says something when you can only really recollect stuff from the first 9 years of your life with any enthusiasm. The rest? Well most of it is just a blur - might as well of never happened at all!

Why do I feel like I disappeared after we moved here..................and if any of those I met while living here were any good where the bloody hell are they? Exactly - so a site where you can maintain contact with people who obviously aren't as selfish or fake (as a lot of those since were/are) has gotta be a good thing.

I'm glad you posted again ... I might've forgotten to tell you that I asked at the FR site why you might be having this problem. They didn't exactly answer my question but they responded promptly and said that this shouldn't be happening for you. Their reply: "Please ask this member to email us directly with their problem and email address, name, school and year, so we can investigate further."

it definately says something when you can only really recollect stuff from the first 9 years of your life with any enthusiasm
... I hear you there, what a cheerful thought, lol.

Why do I feel like I disappeared after we moved here
... My Mum took me from a big family in South London - to Canada!:eek: I do love it here but was too young to realize certain things, such as I wouldn't be seeing my Grandmother every day. I think my Mum was certainly brave to leave everything for a better life but I've just lost my grandmother, which has me thinking just what is a 'better' life. Sign of the times, I guess. I think everyone on this street is far from loved ones.:(
The pc's do help, though!

Back to FR, my Mum listed me there under a school I attended until the age of 6 - I laughed at her, of course (although I do remember everyone from that time). I have received a message from my best friend (age 6)! She remembers that I left for Canada and we never saw eachother again. I've been out there (UK) a lot and she even comes here to visit her sister. That's a school mate it would be nice to see again ... I guess you're right, those are good years. Let's see if I can do a link to the page where you can click to query them .. http://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/FriendsReunited.ASP?WCI=faqs
Hope it works!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online