1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Frivolous" XP touches - but I really want them!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by marie500, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

I'm hoping to locate Mosaic to help me with part of this...

This week I'll have a new computer with XP Home. I was using 98 SE. I admit, I get thrilled and way too happy over silly, superficial things. Like being able to have background pictures in my folders. And I've especially loved the Registry merge that Mosaic sent me once to remove the shortcut arrows from my desktop icons following the March 2002 MS Security Patch. (I love to make icons, so getting rid of those arrows meant a lot to me.)

Anyway, now it seems like I can't have folder backgrounds anymore - right? And, I'd love to see if Mosaic has an XP Registry merge to get rid of the shortcut arrows the same way he did for my 98 arrows. But I don't know how to find him.

I don't want to seem like a whining baby over folder backgrounds and shortcut arrrows - but I'm hoping someone can help/humor me.

2. mobo

mobo

That option is in tweak ui to remove the arrows in the desktop shortcuts.

Click on explorer then shortcut.

3. marie500

marie500 Thread Starter

Thank you, that's great! Tweak UI couldn't rectify it in 98 after that patch installed, that's why we had to resort to the Registry hacks. Thank you very much.

4. mobo

mobo

You're welcome

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice