1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

From 1024MB to 2048MB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hung.n.bled, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hung.n.bled

hung.n.bled Thread Starter

i had 2 X 512MB Sticks of Corsair DDR2 533 running on dual channel. i thought id upgrade to 2 gigs of ram for gaming, i bought the EXACT same ram and put it in the remaining two slots equaling to 4X512mb. but i dont think it was worth it?? i think F.E.A.R. is jumpier then wat it was, and the big BF2 patches, im sure installed faster on 1024mb. y the hell is it doin this? i thought doubling the ram would atleast increase the speed slightly??? help.

2. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

3. hung.n.bled

thanks, ill look now.. but... im not in the mood to buy more ram... i just want it 2 work a little better then it is?

4. Sherry22160

Sherry22160

You could go into Bios and tighten up your Mem settings.

Depending on your particular Board you should have three options like
    Normal, Fast, ect.....
    This will speed up the Mem timings

5. hung.n.bled

ummm..... i know nothing about computers... but i did have a look earlier... and there where settings.. i think they numbered from 1-5... i dunno if im int he right section tho? and yeh... my signature is my setup if u need 2 know any parts... oh and also... i just bout surround... the.. Logitech X-530 i think its called.... and ok i have the surround working... its fine with music and games n that.. but i cant get it 2 work for Far Cry and wen i play F.E.A.R. the sound at the rear and center speaker constantly cuttin out and that... would that be because i dont have a soundcard and just using onboard audio? i downloaded latest audio drivers for mobo but no luck. so yeh...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice