1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

From a Cave

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 4junebug4, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 4junebug4

4junebug4 Thread Starter

I hope I am in the right place. If I step on any rules, I want to apologize up front. I have a problem with my sound system. hp Pavilion PC, a 1267 c-b, Windows XP. Somehow I have put the speakers in a "cave" which sounds great, except when I play CDs. I have tried everything I know of to put it back to factory settings, but with no luck. I wish I had not stuck it in a cave. Does anyone have a fix for this? I am certantly no expert, far from it, but I can do basic things like screw it up without much help. :) Thank you.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Hey I thought I was the only one who can do basic things like screw it up without much help

First of all when playing the cd is there any sound coming out of the speakers?

Also I do not know if this will help but here is some info on the cave and I hope this is what you are doing.

http://www.evl.uic.edu/pape/CAVE/

If this is not what the cave is please post back and let me know

3. 4junebug4

4junebug4 Thread Starter

I looked there and did not find. It is something simple like changing the sound. I did not import anything to do it, just what is in XP. Yes, sound is coming out of the speakers, but it sure messed up my music. It is something stupid that I did and can find no help in the manuals for hp. I too learned to respect my elders at a very early age. But, it kept me from losing all my teeth, LOL. Thank you for any help, I can sure use it.

4. 4junebug4

4junebug4 Thread Starter

It is funny that the older I got, the smarter my elders got. And, you are right, it seems everyone now is younger than I am. LOL I bought an X-Box 360, and there it sits. Guess I need to find an 11 year old to get it up and running for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485909

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice