1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

From blue screen to safe mode, then black screen and caps lock blink

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by R3dPlan3t80, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. R3dPlan3t80

R3dPlan3t80 Thread Starter

Hello. I am trying to fix an HP G62-367DX Notebook PC.
    Operating sys: Win 7, 64bit, AMD Turion(tm) 530II Dual-Core Processor, 4GB, 2.50GHz. I had this laptop since December of 2010 and on June of 2013 is when I used my notebook PC and was initially of no use. I have been working on my laptop on and off since. I am not afraid to open the sucker up and get this thing up and running.

The problem started out with what most ppl call it, the "blue screen of death". Like most ppl, I did ignore the blue screen and did a restart which brought me to the normal Windows screen and then it would start back up just fine. I found this in Device Manager's (Hidden Files):
    Non-Plug and Play Drivers
    -! ehdrv
    -! epfwwfp
    -! Security Processor Loader Driver
    I am not sure if it has anything to do with what it was the blue screen situation, but I tried searching on the net on what it all meant and to see if I was able to fix it, but before I was able to do something about it, the blue screen kept popping up and it was getting worse.

The problem progressed to where on Windows startup it would just stop there, blue screen would pop up and of course I had to restart it and do an F8 key press for Safe Mode. I had to work on Safe Mode for a good couple of weeks before I can figure out the problem/s. I believe I had went into the system and found out it had something to do with some kind of error... *sigh* I did write it down, but that was like a month ago and I am unable to locate my notes. It's frustrating being careless. Any way, my notebook PC will not start at all. I did remove the battery and left the adapter plugged in to removing the adapter and doing a hard reset, no justice. The notebook would sound like it is about to start, but all you can hear is the fan running and the lights with the caps lock blink sequence of ONCE every 4-5 seconds, no beeping sound.
    I may have changed something though. I went as far as learning how to properly, with the static free bracelette, unscrewed the laptop apart to see if cleaning the fan would be the cause of it. Nothing happened, but instead of the caps lock blinking ONCE every 4-5 seconds, it would blink TWICE every 4-5 seconds. So, I went back and checked if everything was put back together, memory stick and such, and now when i restart it, it would BEEP 15 times and the caps lock would blink THRICE every 4-5 seconds.

And so here I am. Please help. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1104596