1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

from one HD to another?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by derekio, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. derekio

derekio Thread Starter

Ok guys, a little genious help is needed.
    I have an installed program on 1 hd
    How do i get that program from that Harddrive to another hd in the same machine.

some more info: I have a program that I installed from disk, that I paid for a reg. code(serial#)
    I have lost the reg. code, so i cant reinstall from the disk to the new HD. The company that made the software is now out of business.
    So I would like to get that program installed on my new HD.
    how can I do that?
    im thinking that maybe i can ghost that HD, but am not sure. and also think that there has to be an easier way

oh and 1 more thing, this is not as easy as searching serialz sites for a crack, etc. as this is a vendor platform program. It is a scoring program for a dart league. thus , it is not popular or easily available as (i.e.) windows

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

can't you try backing up this file to a cd or laptop, and then restoring to the new harddrive?

3. tlund_99

tlund_99

4. derekio

derekio Thread Starter

well tlund, i gave your program a shot and it is a neat little program. After much trial and error i did manage to get it to work on a very small program. It definitely does move the program over, but doesnt always get the paths and registry keys. It didnt work for me as far as the program I needed switched to the new drive. but did for a small ip logger program. So, my review is"it works, but only some of the time"

now for what did work..Norton Ghost 2003 !
    I cloned the entire drive to the new one and it worked flawlwessly, I now have the program working
    thanks for all the help guys! It is much appreciated!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice