1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

from Visual Studio 2005; can I do without the .net framework?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by diablo75, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diablo75

diablo75 Thread Starter

A friend of mine is doing some development for me with Visual Studio 2005 and we're wanting to know if there's a way to create an installer that doesn't require users to install the .NET Framework on their computer, requiring about 22 megs of extra download and install time. It's excess baggage, and we'd like to do without. Is there a way around this? It says there are 3 dependencies, and we're wondering if there's a way to only package those with our installer, and not the whole .net installer.

2. artur02

artur02

If you have use the .NET Framework to develop the software, the users must have the framework on their machines. No tricks.

You can include the required framework version in your installer.
    Or users can download the framework on their own. The application will warn them if no framework on their machines.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can create applications that don't require Net Framework using VS 2005. If you're talking a simple utility, that's what I do.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/639771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice