1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Front audio connector

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by urs, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. urs

urs Thread Starter

Hello
    I have attached an image of my cabinet, i have front usb & two covered hole (selected with red line in the image) besides it. I think they are front audio but it has no wire from inside. please have a look at it & let me know if i can make it a front audio connector.
    thanx

Attached Files:

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What motherboard do you have? Some do not have connectors for those.

3. urs

urs Thread Starter

4. norton850

norton850

Your board does have a front panel audio connector, but those two covered "holes" on the front of the case is there any sort of connector behind them? It doesn't look like ASUS included a cable for those connectors on the motherboard either.

5. urs

urs Thread Starter

nopes there are no connector behind those hole. thats what i wanted to know if i can get connectors seprately & connect them to those hole.
    i tried yest a little to open those hole but the covering is very hard i dont think i will b able to break it. i just wanted to know if somebody has already done it.
    thanx

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

The connectors that you would be trying to connect to the holes also would need to be attached to the motherboard somewhere ;) If there are no connectors for those specific items on the motherboard, can't see how you would be able to use them ;)

By the way, I have a motherboard that has the connectors on it, but my case doesn't have the front holes. Maybe we can trade cases? :D

7. zxor38

zxor38

inm this situation your connectors arent there you need the audio adapter to install the audioo connectors...if you know the name of the system case contact the manufacturer antd they should send it out to you ...

8. norton850

norton850

It probably wouldn't be too hard to make up something. Buy a couple of threaded audio ports at your local electronics store (where you are not sure what that would be), drill appropriate holes in the front of the case and attach the ports to the onboard audio. You'll have to figure out the wiring. I'm actually in the process of doing that now. I just put in an ASUS board and the wire from the front case audio has miniplugs on it. I saw a post yesterday on the forum asking about what goes where. Hopefully someone answered it.

9. zxor38

zxor38

ok guys i have the answer!!! what i see is a case that has pre drilled holes here for front audio
    there covered so when youget the front audio installed theerew it can be placed
    but it looks to me there isnt a audio card there..hey urs can you take a full shot of the case i need to identify it

10. urs

urs Thread Starter

yeah sure i can i will post later in the day right now i am in office.

11. zxor38

zxor38

ok budddy thanks...

12. zxor38

zxor38

ok gang in the mean time if you know where the adapter cards are sold or whos got any hit me up

13. urs

urs Thread Starter

oops sorry zxor38 internet connection in my area went down yest badly.so i was not able to attach the image i will c today or else i will get my cam here in the office & attach it.
    in the mean time can u tell what side of the case pic do u need, just the front part or even from inside.

14. zxor38

zxor38

the entire front of the case no side shots

15. urs

urs Thread Starter

hello zxor38
    I am extremly sorry for the delay finally i am able to attach pic of my case.

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/334964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice