1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Front Page 2000 Installation

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by rmccluskey, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmccluskey

rmccluskey Thread Starter

I installed FP 2000 with Windows ME and IE6 already installed. FP is there and I can open it. But when I do it immediately quits. If I open a local file with IE6 and try to edit it with FP I get "Windows cannot find 'C:\mcweb\index.html'. You may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run dialog, or another program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search."

It sounds like I'm missing a system file. Any suggestions of where to start my search? Any help will be appreciated!

2. jbcalg

jbcalg

think the error was probably
    "Windows cannot find 'C:\myweb\index.html'

see if you have that directory, if not - create it
    you may want to look in your recycle bin, see if it, ot the file, is there - then restore it/them

also look for c:\My Documents\ My Webs
    - another favourite hiding place

3. rmccluskey

rmccluskey Thread Starter

Problem solved!

The missing/corrupt system file was FP4AWEL.DLL. I renamed all the FP DLL's and reinstalled the server extentions.

Thanks anyway jb!

4. jbcalg

jbcalg

guess i won't be buying a lottery ticket this week :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice