1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Front Page based web, message board question

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by hottesttotty, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

I have created a couple of message boards on an existing site with FP (I know, not the fanciest thing in the world, but my only option at this point!), and I have the header and footer working on all the pages, except the actual post pages......can't figure out where they are and how to get them to use the header/footer being used on all the other pages of the board. Any guesses?? Here's a link to one of the boards, if you care to post a message, you'll see what I mean. (Please keep it NICE tho....it's a CHURCH message board! ;) )

www.yourcountyhomepage.com/east_alton_il_assembly_toc.htm

Any and all input appreciated! Thanks!;)

2. Marijuano

Marijuano

i dont think its actually possible to include headers or footers on a pages using only html (i could be wrong, but html is really just a basic language, im suprised you managed to create a message board using just frontpage!). i know it could be done if you had support for other programming languages though, such as php.

3. Rockn

Rockn

If the server supports FP extensions creating message boards is easy. If it supports FP extensions it probably supports ASP so you can use includes to add the headers to your pages with just an include.

4. hottesttotty

hottesttotty Thread Starter

Just wanted to come back and let you all know (in case anyone's interested :D ) that I got it figured out!

The reason I couldn't get to the files was because I didn't have FP set to show hidden files. (DUH, shoulda thought of that, huh??!!:rolleyes: ) Once I changed that, I figured out that there was a separate header and footer for the post pages, and that's why it wasn't using the ones I had already done for the rest of the board.

Anyway....problem solved! Thanks for the input....hope this might help someone else in the future! ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119706

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice