Front Page Pictures will not show up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

styles9797

I am using Front Page 2000 to make my own website. I created a page that has some family photos on it. I made the pictures into thumbnails, but when you click on the picture to see it as a larger image, a small square with no picture shows up. You can try it for yourself by going to www.russellgt.com and clicking on the photos button and then by choosing either of the two albums. Please help. Thanks a lot.

Russ

You might check the path name in Frontpage. It may be a reference to a path to a file on your system but not one that it can access. I did a similar item and found the path I had was incorrect.

FP has a tendency to screw up the path names if you save them locally for some reason, especially if you save the page to a diskette. Check the path and then check into some new HTML editing software. Sorry....never did like FP

Ooops...spoke too soon, should have checked your link. Look below for your answer VV

your thumbnail is a .jpg file
your source file is a .bmp - not viewable on the web

convert your source file to .jpg or .gif
add / import it to your FP web folder
drag the new pic file onto the page (or right click and change picture properties)
then 'thumb' it

you can change the size setting for your thumbnails in the page properties (right click, page properties)

also - as an added bonus - give each page a different title (again using page properties) so you can see which page you have open in the IE task bar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online