1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

front projection tv repair

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by da#1, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. da#1

da#1 Thread Starter

hello, thank you for your time and effort in advance. my big screen TV has a reddish screen. the three color pots in front of and below the sreen have fluid in them. two of them (not the red one) have a bubbly cottage cheese textured fluid in them> the red one is crystal clear. where can I buy new fluid to replace the bad fluid? all the local TV repair shops won't sell it to me, they want me to "bring it in" so they can do the repair and rape me. any suggestions? thanks again...DA#1

2. dannyn

dannyn

what kind of projector is this?

3. da#1

da#1 Thread Starter

phillips magnavox, has three crt with coolant in them. the coolant appears to have crystalized in the blue and green crt's. need fresh fluid. no one wants to sell any over the counter. they all want me to "bring it in" and "it's a really big job" what a joke. but any help is greatly appreciated. Stephen

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  5. da#1

da#1 Thread Starter

truth be told, I have a quad cutomer that works for an appliance/tv repair shop. he procured the needed fluid for me.($15.00) per bottle. took about two hours from start to finish. realigned the set and poof! works great. but I will contact the MCM folks and attempt to purchase more. just in case. and thank you very much for the information. greatly appreciated.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice