1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Front sounds sockets are not working, back works fine

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djayusevlademir, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djayusevlademir

djayusevlademir Thread Starter

I need help on my pc's front sounds socket, the back works fine with sounds and mic. Im using realteck sound driver and its all set that the front and back sounds is supposed to be working but the front cannot detect anything.

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    What kind of computer? Maybe a connector has come loose from the motherboard?

3. djayusevlademir

Its a desktop, AMD athlon IIx4 620 processor, Im using ASUS motherboard, OS is window's 7.

Ive checked for any loose connection and its all ok since the usb port in the front is working perfectly fine. Any thoughts on how to fix it? could it be fixed on any other type of settings?

4. wolfworx

wolfworx

The front sound jacks usually need a separate connection to the mobo. I have also noticed that in some set ups the front jacks are inactive if you have plugs for sound I/O inserted in the jacks in the rear. Did you try to use the front jacks with nothing plugged into the rear jacks?

5. djayusevlademir

yes I checked the rear jacks and nothings plugged there when Im testing the front. What confuses me is that when I check realtek's settings (its my sound driver) it says the rear and front is working fine but it only detects rear plugs.

Normally I think that after I bought the sytem unit, installed the os and its drivers, it should be ok to use front and back jacks. Or do I have to connect any wirings in the front?

6. wolfworx

wolfworx

Usually, the front panel has a couple or usb ports as well as sound jacks. Are the usb ports working? If not, I think there may not be a proper connection between the front panel and mobo.

7. jasper37mmi

jasper37mmi

do you have realtec high definition audio controller in your device manager if so check driver if it says its not working properly go to realtec site and download driver for your mobo had the same prob with my gigabyte mobo after fresh install of windows vista two weeks ago hope this helps

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1016283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice