1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Front Switches on Case to New Motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nevergiveup1, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nevergiveup1

nevergiveup1 Thread Starter

Replacing Gigabyte MB 880 & AMD Phenom II with ASUS M5AA88-V EVO and AMD FX 8120. 4 -4GB DDR3 1333MHZ, 3 1TB SATA, 1 500GB PATA, 1 750GB PATA, 2 ASUS DVD Drives, 1 Acer 20" LCD ModelX203H monitor, 1 LG 20" Flatron W1953T Monitor, Corsair AX750 Power Supply and Sigma La Vie Prestigio case.
    My problem is identifying the positive and negative coming from the switches on the front of the case.
    Gigabyte claims I wired it wrong taking out the mother board which worked for 18months. Sigma I can't seem to reach. White wires from each switch and the other wire various colors. I know the answer is staring me in the face but I am missing it.:confused:

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

The only wires that will be polarity sensative would be the ones for the LEDs. For switchs they are either open or close no polarity involved.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061323