1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

front USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deuce, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

I am putting together a computer for somebody and the case has a front USB. I havn't used front USB too much and this one has a connection I haven't seen before. Can any body help me attach it? Case is a Super Case AL-A300ATX, mobo is an ASUS CUV266 and the front USB has 8 sinlge wires each with a single pin. Pins say: (1)+D (1)-D (1)GROUND (1)+5V (2)+D (2)-D (2)GROUND (2)+5V The USB 5-6 root hub has pins 1-9. Can I jerry-rig it some how or is there a proper way to hook it up?

2. brianF

brianF

3. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

I looked in the manual and didn't see much, but I'll look again. Also, pin 10 on the mobo is empty. Do I need a connector thing like they had in that link? All I have now is 8 loose pins/wires.

4. brianF

brianF

Sorry, can't find anything further, I know somewhere they sell the cable, but don't remember where.

5. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Ok, well thanks anyway. :)

6. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

What does NC mean? One pin 5 says NC... and if that one isn't needed then I figured out how to connect it.

7. brianF

brianF

I would assume it means no connection, but you know where assume takes you sometimes.

8. deuce

deuce Thread Starter

Yeah I think I've been down that road before. :rolleyes: I attached the pins without using the NC #5 pin and when I get the thermal grease replaced I will find out if it works. I'm guessing it should though, but you never know. :rolleyes:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64308

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice