1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frontpage Issue

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by debruin, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debruin

debruin Thread Starter

Hope somebody can help me here. When I try to insert a photo Gallery and save, i am instructed to open a frontpage based webpage and save directly to it. i have no idea what this means!!! Can anybody out there help?

2. stod73

stod73

Where are you trying to insert the photo gallery? Are you trying to creating a web page?

3. debruin

debruin Thread Starter

no I am inserting a photo gallery into a page I have already created

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    So...it's not trying to save to your /image folder, huh?

By photo gallery, do you mean clipart gallery??

Insert the picture. Cut it, and Paste special-as a picture (enhanced metafile). See what happens when you save the page then.

5. debruin

debruin Thread Starter

No, not clipart, actual photos (.jpeg files) that I had mailed to me. Theere is an option to set them up as a slide show or photo gallery. However either way, it wont even allow me to save the page on the hard drive!

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Okay...what do you mean emailed to you?

Do you right-click the photo and choose Save as? Is THAT when you cannot save them? When you open this thing, can you THEN right-click a photo and Save as? or Save picture as?

7. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  8. debruin

debruin Thread Starter

I'm sorry, i'm not explaining it properly, BTW thanks for you trying to help.

Whats happening is as follows:
    A friend mailed me 20 photos. I saved them to my Hard Drive. I am now trying to put them on my clubs website - astoriagaels.net - but this is where I hit a problem. I can upload them all individually or do them by links, etc. But there is an option in Frontpage to create a slide show or a Montage of these photos with captions, etc. I began to use this option and created the slide show, captions also. However to FTP this page I obvoiously need to save it first and this is where i have a problem. I get the prompt to open a frontpage based website and save directly to the page. So my problem is with Frontpage not allowing me to actually save the slide show after I create it and before I FTP it up to the site itself.
    Hope this explains it better!

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Did you use FP to set up the rest of your web? Check around under Tools-Options and some other option-type areas (the usual, you know), and see if you can find where to change the publish settings. You should be able to save it to a web on your hard drive. Perhaps the problem? Did you create a web on your hard drive first? You need to do that! File-New web....etc. Perhaps, if you did not create a web on your hard drive, it's assuming you want to publish directly to the web, which some people do, but I would NEVER suggest.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice