FrontPage problem...any help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AR1Redneck

Hey all, whenever i try to access my website via FrontPage i get this error message, it started today.

Attachments

AR1Redneck

Yes i looked at it, sry i should have posted it...

I dont know what it is trying to say. Here is the text: wecerr.txt

09/26/2003 23:03:58
HTTP 404 Not Found
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc was not found on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.americanracing.floogy.com Port 80</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

Thanks for your help

It probably has to do with the fact that your local folders and files do not match what is on the server. Was this an existing site or a new one?

Here is what it is looking for when you open FP:

URL /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc was not found on this server

AR1Redneck

Existing site, i've never changed any of the files or anything.
What if i delete FP and try to start over? do you think that would help?

I meant an existing web site on the internet that FP is attempting to connect to and it cannot find the files to match locally.

AR1Redneck

Sorry,,, Yes it is an existing site on the internet that FP has connected to before. Another thing is i cannot connect to the file via FTP either, get same ERROR.

I would contact your web host and see if they have changed anything. They do this occasionally without consulting their customers.

I've been having the exact same problem using Tripod/Lycos. All of a sudden I started receiving this error message after I'd been publishing successfully for weeks. I'll contact Tripod and see if I can get it fixed. Thanks.

~Slicey :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online