FrontPage publish error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ArtGuy

When I attempt to upload (publish) my FrontPage web page I am getting a file not found error message "yapache.fp.conf". I am using MS Office 2000.

I have been able to upload using Cutefpt and winfpt so I know my url is correct.

Thanks.

ArtGuy

A quick look on Google suggests:

"Attempting to publish when FrontPage publishing is disabled may generate the following error message:"

file not found error message "yapache.fp.conf"

Hope this is of use, as I do not use FP I cannot easily advise how to enable publishing.

ArtGuy

Thanks for your response. Yes, FrontPage extensions are installed on the server. I did upload my pages using both Cutefpt and Winfpt without any problems except that my navigation buttons don't appear when I open the web page. When I open my web page using FrontPage there is a messaage where my buttons should be that says: "The Navigation Bar feature is not available on this web". The buttons do appear within FrontPage even when I "Preview in browser", ergo I want to upload in FrontPage if I can. Will that help? I dunno but I'd like to try. I'd like to do it on principle as well.

Thanks,
Kaye

Anne Troy

Anne
Navigation buttons don't appear 'cause you gotta publish with FP if you want to use FP "features" and a nav bar IS a FP feature.

What version of exts is on the server? Gotta be the same as your version of FP.

ArtGuy

Good question, Dreamboat. I'll get hold of the Yahoo! GeoCities folks on Monday -- unless I can rouse someone today -- and see what they have. Incidentally, my previous provider did not have FP extensions but the navigation buttons worked fine there. (!) Sounds like computer never, never land.

Thanks,
Kaye

Anne Troy

Anne
Hmm....okay. I'll step back a bit and say that perhaps the FP nav buttons are dependent upon the platform. They may work on a Windows Platform but not Unix or Apache. Because your error msg was something to do with yapache.fp.conf, I assume it's an apache server, and I don't know nothin' 'bout them. Mikey, who owns this site and provides hosting, has told me before that I "ruined the files on the server by FTPing instead of publishing from FP". Perhaps you did that? I dunno! :)

ArtGuy

I have found that my server uses FP 2002 so I at this moment (or as soon as I finish this letter) I am buying the upgrade. Gee, new software. What fun!

Many thanks for your help

Anne Troy

Anne
Please double-check with your host before you spend money that you cannot use 2000 with 2002 extensions. I only believe this to be true and cannot verify it!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online