FrontPage Server Extension

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cari23

:eek:
I was thrown the task of managing our firms website (with no experience at all!) It was already designed using FrontPage, so I am just editing the current content. For the most part I understand what I am doing, however here is the question that I have:
We have a contact form on the page for clients to schedule appointments. However, in order for it to work we must have extensions installed on the network. I contacted our host (Infinity Internet) and they support extensions, and they enabled them for our site. On my end, I went to my IIS and saw that Extensions were not installed- Can anyone give advice on how to get the extensions installed?

*Also- Which is recommended- Sharepoint or FP Extensions?

Thanks!

If the web site is not hosted locally and you are editing them on the remote server you do not need the extensions. The only reason you would need them is if you have a loca server you do your testing on.

Cari23

that makes sense- but when I go to publish the site, it gives errors that certain sites will not display correctly because FP Extensions are not installed. How do I get the pages to work?
:confused:

Martial33

Phil
Rockn;

Can I jump in here? I dont even know if this is the same problem. A host told me I can use "sub-domains" to set up up to 4 e-commerce sites on their hosting. I've never done this before. Shouldent they let me review their control panel before buying the hosting?

is this complicated?

also, can I use 1 SSL certificate for all 4 sites? They will all have thier own domains.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online