1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FrontPage Server Extension

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Cari23, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cari23

Cari23 Thread Starter

:eek:
    I was thrown the task of managing our firms website (with no experience at all!) It was already designed using FrontPage, so I am just editing the current content. For the most part I understand what I am doing, however here is the question that I have:
    We have a contact form on the page for clients to schedule appointments. However, in order for it to work we must have extensions installed on the network. I contacted our host (Infinity Internet) and they support extensions, and they enabled them for our site. On my end, I went to my IIS and saw that Extensions were not installed- Can anyone give advice on how to get the extensions installed?

*Also- Which is recommended- Sharepoint or FP Extensions?

Thanks!

2. Rockn

Rockn

If the web site is not hosted locally and you are editing them on the remote server you do not need the extensions. The only reason you would need them is if you have a loca server you do your testing on.

3. Cari23

Cari23 Thread Starter

that makes sense- but when I go to publish the site, it gives errors that certain sites will not display correctly because FP Extensions are not installed. How do I get the pages to work?
    :confused:

4. Rockn

Rockn

5. Martial33

Martial33

First Name:
    Phil
    Rockn;

Can I jump in here? I dont even know if this is the same problem. A host told me I can use "sub-domains" to set up up to 4 e-commerce sites on their hosting. I've never done this before. Shouldent they let me review their control panel before buying the hosting?

is this complicated?

also, can I use 1 SSL certificate for all 4 sites? They will all have thier own domains.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice