1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frontpage Server Extensions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Kevindv10, Feb 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevindv10

Kevindv10 Thread Starter

Sorry for the crosspost. I'll go back and delete my previous once I get this out of the way. I'm posting here in the hope a server or ISP admin will be able to help...

I'm working on our intranet and trying to get some server extension components working, mostly forms with e-mail responses. The intranet server is W2K Server and from what I can tell the Server Extensions 2002 are installed. I don't know if they're installed properly, but they are installed...

I've published my site to the server and still the forms come up with errors. I tried a hit counter just to test the extensions and at first it didn't work, but then after changing the settings for version control it started to work. As well, the form started to work after changing the same settings. Then I made some text changes to the form to make it look better, resaved it, and it stopped working. I've created another form to see if I messed something up in the original but it doesn't work either.

I've spent a tonne of time on the MS Knowledgebase, followed all pertinent instructions, but still this damn thing won't work. I'm at a total loss here so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention that the email settings for the virtual server are setup, meaning the SMTP server is indicated. As well, the form is setup with email addresses.

Cheers.
    Kevin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice