1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

FrontPage table text won't single space

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by twoyankeez, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twoyankeez

twoyankeez Thread Starter

I am in FrontPage 2000 and creating a new page. On the page I am trying to type our company address in a cell and when I hit return, it double spaces the text. I can not find a way to single space the text. Help please! :)

2. Rockn

Rockn

Inside the TD tags use a paragraph tag. The tables or html do nt recognize carriage returns. You can also specify that the row wrap text if yo like.

3. twoyankeez

twoyankeez Thread Starter

I am not certain how to modify table TAGS. Can you explain what you mean? Thank you for your assistance.

4. ckaas

ckaas

i just gave up on trying to make frontpage do what i want it to years ago. i just open up notepad, use the return key to get a single space, and then Ctrl+C it. While i am typing i just press Ctrl+V everytime i need that single space. hope this helps.

5. McTimson

McTimson

holding Shift while you press Enter will insert a line break, which I think is what you want.

6. Rockn

Rockn

The td tags are where the table data sits between

PHP:
    <td><p>put whatever text you want in here and and it should wrap to the width of your table. </td>

7. Snake~eyes

Snake~eyes

double spaces?

do you mean that it makes to returns after?

you can make one reutnr by doing it like this

(note the space between < and b is just their so code doesnt get parsed)

will show up in your browser like this

I THINK this is what you are talking about, not sure though.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116793

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice