1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frosted out of the Computer Show!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Ravenquille, Jan 5, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Ravenquille

Ravenquille Thread Starter

Ticked off, here in eastern PA! Yesterday, my much-needed trip to the MarketPro Computer Show in Allentown, got prevented by freezing rain on top of a night of ice. Today, it is snowing again, so we opted not to take the long drive today.....
    I always do well at Shows; finding excellent choices and prices on both business and private purchases ( besides the fact that it is just plain fun to see all the latest gadgets and get to chat with all the other techies and nerds :). )
    We have had light snow, an ice storm, and a blizzard on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day; and an ice storm all day this Friday and early Saturday morning. And now it is snowing again. An overabundance of downloads in the space of a few weeks! And I have no blasted sled or tubes.............

Ravenquille

2. Rockn

Rockn

So what is the point? Is this the type of computer show where they sell the jusnk for rediculously low prices, half of the vendors speak Russian and most of the software there is pirated, copied and sold to look like original? I went to one of these ONCE....never bought anything and I never would. Basically it was all crap that nobody wanted any longer.

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Ravenquille: I've crawled out of my sick bed to reply to you to make you see we really are a nice bunch of people! :) First of all WELCOME to TSG! I know how much snow and ice can be a pain living in Michigan myself! Sorry you missed the show! Better luck next time! :)

Rockn: Not all shows are as you say. Not all of us have your kind of "luck" at the shows. Maybe you should attend more than one instead of knocking every one of them! Gee! Lighten up! :D It's only Ravenquille's 3rd post! :) A nice smile and welcome would be cool! :)

Take care. angel :)

4. n2gun

n2gun

Ravenquille
    Welcome to TSG and now your in random you may never escape. :D

Rockn
    I have been to the Marketpro shows and the ones I have been to are professionally run and there are usually some very good buys. It is a good place to talk to the techies and usually there is an area to get coffee and sit and chat. A lot can be learned at the Marketpro shows.

5. Rockn

Rockn

It must be the local shows here then. They are sponsored by Bluestar Computers and every Tom, Dick & Harry puts up a booth of complete and utter junk. I don't know how much the arena makes off of the proceeds, but I bet it's the reason they let the scheisters set up shop here. I am sure there are plenty of legit shows out there, but Minneapolis must be a black hole as far as legitamacy in this area. If there are no corporate type vendors or distributors at them then you have to wonder if they are legit or not. I would personally love to go to Comdex in Vegas once or even one of the hacker ones that are legit and not the script kiddie type event.

6. hewee

hewee

7. Stoner

Stoner Banned

Hi Ravenquille:

To bad you missed your event.
    Here in Dayton,Ohio things are pretty much like Rockn described. Half the vendors speak Russian and the other half I can't understand either. I don't know about pirated software, but I saw a lot of loud verbal disputes and one vendor was removed by security within the second hour of the first day.
    Last fall was the final for me.

But,then ,that's Dayton :)

8. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

:mad: Talk about frosted!!! *bump*

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!