1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

frozen mouse icon

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Blitzkrieg3, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Blitzkrieg3

Blitzkrieg3 Thread Starter

ok, i have this issue with my mouse. the image will freeze on the screen, but i can still select things and navigate. i found a simple fix if i turn on the mouse trails but i would like a permanent solution. also it is not the mouse or the driver as i have tried several different mice and their drivers.

2. happyrck

happyrck

what and how many apps do you have running at the time this happens

3. Blitzkrieg3

Blitzkrieg3 Thread Starter

no more processes were running than usual, and i checked them all and they arent associated with viruses, but it only seems to do it when i run a game or itunes

4. happyrck

happyrck

could be a heat issue...if its a usb mouse it works on the southbridge side if I remember right..and so does your vidio card in fact anything PCI, audio card, video card ,modem all share the southbridge bus and you may be overloading it...if its a ball mouse clean it ...other then that I dont know ...maybe someone else knows...I assume you have played in the mouse section of the control panel because you turned on trails

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!