1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frozen Mouse Pointer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davidjersey, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjersey

davidjersey Thread Starter

Windows XP Professional. Wireless mouse pointer frozen in centre of screen.Wireless keyboard OK. Have tried USB mouse & another wireless. Problems started when I deleted Norton Anti-virus & halfway though loading new Kaspersky, computer froze completely & had to shut down by holding power button. Re started OK and tried to load Kaspersky again but this time from disc. Froze again & had to shut down on the power button. Next restart, mouse pointer frozen centre screen. Driver OK in Control Panel but says cannot find hardware(Code 41) Have re-loaded the original XP disc - no change.

2. cybersloth

cybersloth

so you have reinstalled windows??, if not try.
    Try a ps2 mouse (if you have a port)
    try uninstalling and reinstalling your USB controlers (uninstall then restart, they should come up)

usualy you need to use a tool from nortons to remove that stupid program, i havent used kaspersky is it good?

for AV i use AVG free by Grisoft and Antivir Personal by Avira, both are free and somtimes detect diferent threts, i find most full blown Internet Security programs are anoying and expencive.

any way tell us how you go.
    thanks for using TSG

3. davidjersey

davidjersey Thread Starter

Hi! Gave up & took it in for complete restore as everything suggested didn't work!
    So far I have been very impressed with Kaspersky. Eset's NOD32 is also very good - it is just a matter of which of the two is on 'special' at renewal time!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/908362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice