1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

frozen mouse

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by davoh, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davoh

davoh Thread Starter

Recently I updated Skype. No problems really, other than it changed my start up page to msn. A few other annoying things were happening after the update so, I decided to use system restore as I have many times to undo other problems from updates.
    The nearest restore date just happened to be about eight days before,on the same day as my renewing of Kaspersky. But I went ahead.
    When it restarted,a few of the normal start up programs began to load including Skype, and thats where it stalled. mouse is frozen in the middle of the screen.
    Have bought another mouse,even used it in a different port.
    Have started in safe mode and bios setup, the keyboard arrows work ok but I cant operate this machine without the mouse
    Please help
    still run XP

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

Please try shutting down, unplugging the power cord, (remove battery if it's a laptop) then press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Then you can replug it in and try it.

3. davoh

davoh Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply KomputerKid,
    tried doing that,to no avail unfortunately.
    If I start it in safe mode or bios setup is there a way of just using the keyboard to close down the half open programmes such as skype ?
    Thanks for taking the time to reply davoh

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!