1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

frozen mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LS, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LS

LS Thread Starter

Hello. I have been working on my friends Pavillion 6630 computer. I installed windows 2000 and now 90% of the times when the machine boots the mouse will not respond. I tried going into the safe mode and that worked for a while and then same thing happened in safe mode. I swapped the mouse with another one and still nothing. I thought the BIOS may have a bad battery and I changed that and still no luck. The settings in the BIOS are set correctly. I deleted the mouse so windows would see it but it didn't work either. I am going to get a USB mouse tomorrow but if any one has heard of something like that I would appreciate the input. LS

2. waynegump

waynegump

A similiar mouse problem had happened to me a few weeks ago and it was due to a broken cpu fan mount (causing overheating I suppose). I had the fan mount replaced and so far no problems.

3. raz

raz

Reinstalling The mouse drivers may help ....just a thought
    try downloading a win 2000 mouse driver

4. LS

LS Thread Starter

Thank you very much for your inputs guys. I checked the CPU fan and it seems to be solid and it runs good, however that was a great suggestion. The second suggestions is a great one also however I am not sure where to download a generic mouse driver for win2000. I went to Micorsoft site and I didn't see any there. If any ideas I appreciate it. LS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice