1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frozen Pointer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by drb753, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drb753

drb753 Thread Starter

Hello...My laptop's pointer arrow is frozen in the center of the screen. All of the keys are working (tab, enter, etc). I did a Google search with no luck for a fix. Looked through the manual hoping to find a "shut off" button but didnt fnd that either.

It is an IBM ThinkPad T30
    Windows XP

Thanks in Advance

2. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

hello have you tried

Plugging the mouse into a different USB port?
    Replacing the mouse?

Checking the manufacturer's site for software for the mouse and installing it?

If you remove the mouse from the USB port, does the touchpad work correctly? If so, the mouse or the port are probably faulty.

3. drb753

drb753 Thread Starter

I dont have a mouse, just the touchpad

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/569947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice