Frozen screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alicejenks1255

I uninstalled an old virus protection software in order to install abother one. After i uninstalled it told me it needed to restart so I did. Now my HP laptop will only load till the date and time screen before you click to logon. The time still changes, but the touchpad wont work, i cant see a cursor and my laptop will not load in safemode. Nothing happens when i hold down shift on any of the F buttons, only F2 which took me to the BIOS screen but that did nothing either. I feel like i've tried everything and I dont know what to do?

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
May need a sys repair disk to boot into recovery mode and try a system recovery from there.

HyperHenry

Henry
You can get into your bios, can you do a reset from there? How to do it depends on what your computer is and what kind of bios you have. Specs would help.

Alicejenks1255

I have a HP pavilion windows 8.1. I managed to get onto advanced settings last night and asked it to do a system restore, but it failed and wouldn't work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts