Frozen Startup Screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rymd

I have a Compaq Presario.. And for some reason, it suddenly just froze at the startup screen after I rebooted it. Now it won't even go past the startup screen. I have a feeling that AIM is causing the problem because it just freezes when the AIM mail popup comes up. I should delete AIM but I can't now that my computer is screwed up.. :\

Hello see if this works. See if you can start it in a safe mode and delete the aol messenger then. I had all sorts of trouble with the aol messenger too. You will be better off using the MSN messenger. Hope this works for you--- Jerry

rymd

But you know.. a problem is that.. hmm.. If it freezes at the startup screen, I can't get into safe mode. And yes, I already use msn messanger. It works great but AIM is just an extra.

ALL you have to do is when you turn it on at the first beeb hit f8 and then safe mode, or put your restore cd in and fix it with that.

rymd

Thanks.. I tried that and it worked. I deleted AIM and no more problems :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online