1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frozen Windows Resume Loader

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by beagles8mylunch, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beagles8mylunch

beagles8mylunch Thread Starter

Ok, this is going to be complicated because I am trying to help my mother by phone. I have done some looking around and have found lots of mentions of the same issue but people tend to skip through some of the in between key steps as they are working on their own computers and not trying to do this blind.

I had no idea at first what she'd done but apparently this is a common problem. Basically, if a netbook's battery goes dead while it is hibernating then it creates a problem when the user reboots. The machine gets to the windows resume loader page and then freezes there. It offers you a choice but the keyboard is unresponsive. I got her to force quit and restart but same thing.

I found that many were able to use a PS2 keyboard to work around this but my mom does not have one. She doesn't have a start up disc or anything like that.

I found this solution elsewhere but as you see, the guy skips the key steps:
    Hopefully your computer gives you the opportunity to visit you bios settings/ peripherals. You can usually access this at the very beginning of startup by following the prompts such as "F1, F9, DEL, TAB, "....etc. I am pretty sure that each Motherboard has a different setup. Once I found My way to the peripherals I was able to scroll down to "USB keyboard" and saw that it was disabled. I enabled it, saved those settings and continued on to the "RESUME LOADER" page that had not been responsive before and Ta-Da!!!! it worked.​

So, I need the easiest, most explainable steps to follow so I can walk my mom through them. It is the f8 key you press upon startup to get to get to safemode? Or does this guy mean to actually press F1 then F9 and so on?

Can someone please help me by giving me the key steps in sequence? I need to help her manually enable the keyboard on her netbook and get past this.

If anyone knows of another easier way to bypass this stuck page without needing external keyboards and such I'd be grateful.

thanks

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Hello & Welcome to Tech Guy Forum
    Please:
    provide the brand, model & model # of your computer if available
    run this forum's sys info utility; paste the results in a reply at this thread
    http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

Your profile refers to a dual boot machine; probably NOT the one your mother uses.
    Consider editing the profile re teh Vista machine.

We are good but we are not psychic.
    :)

RF123

3. beagles8mylunch

beagles8mylunch Thread Starter

Well, for one, I did post this in the windows 7 forum so I don't know why you think it is a vista question. I assumed that while not psychic, being in the win 7 forum would provide that info. I am trying to help her with her netbook, and I did say it was a netbook. So, that info was also there. My windows machine is the exact same type and brand as hers. We both have asus eee pc netbooks.

we cannot run anything to check system files... if you re-read the problem, the keyboards end up being disabled when a hibernating netbook runs out of power unexpectedly. I need the series of F key steps to get to where I can re-enable the keyboard.

I thought it was actually pretty clear and didn't need the other info as it is already half answered. I just don't know which F keys to use in what sequence.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Because your profile refers to a Vista machine stolen by someone.

I HAVE read your statements.

It is common for people to start threads in this forum that have nothing to do with W7.

I assume very little. That's why I ask.
    :)

Remote tech support is challenging.

I would be glad to help you look for the F key sequence, but I don't know the computer's model & model #.

I've asked.
    All you have provided is
    I hope you find the solution that works for you and your mother.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088899

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice