1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Frozen XP screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by yuiop, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yuiop

yuiop Thread Starter

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows XP that stopped working today. The only change that I have made to my computer was that I set up a password to login, two days ago. The computer worked several times without a hitch over the last two days but this morning, after the Windows screen with the scrolling green bar, the blue Windows screen (the one right before the list of the accounts with the thin lines that scroll along the top and bottom with the Windows XP logo) appears but the scrolling stops and nothing happens. I turned the computer on an hour or so before I noticed this but had to do a few tasks before returning, I am wondering if this was a lock or standby mode. I have tried everything from waiting to pushing the power button during start-up so as to start in every option possible (the last known config., normally, safe mode), removing all power, ctrl+alt+dlt and don't know what to do, I even tried the reset button on the bottom of the computer. I don't want to use a system recovery disk, if possible, because I have term papers and the such that are not backed up. I have looked at all the other queues on this but none seem to fit the same. No new hardware, software, programs, nothing new I just saved a paper and shut down.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice