frustrated, new system that doesnt work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BiG-MaC904

ok, this is what asus asked me to fill out, i didnt no if it was the mb or what, so i am posting at asus and here(i dont think asus will take responsibility)

[Motherboard Specification]
*Motherboard Revision : p5nd2-sli
*Motherboard BIOS Revision : 0103

[VGA Card Specification]
*VGA Card Vendor : nvidia
*VGA Card Model : 7800 gt
*VGA Card Chipset : EVGA
*VGA Card Driver : 78.01_winxp2k_english_whql.exe

[CPU Specification]
*CPU Vendor : intel
*CPU Type : socket 775
*CPU Speed : 3.2

[Memory Specification]
*Memory Vendor : corsair
*Memory Model : Twin2X1024A-4300C3 ddr2 dual channel
*Memory Capacity : 1024

[HDD Specification]
HDD Vendor : maxtor
HDD Model : 6b250s0
HDD Capacity : 250

[Add-on Card Specificatio]
Add-on Card Vendor :
Add-on Card Type :
Add-on Card Model :

*Operating System : WinXP

[Problem Description]
well, the system you see up there is what ive just purchesed about a 3-4 weeks ago, i finnaly got in all the parts. put it together last saterday and didnt have the dvi-vga adapter for my 7800 so had to wait tell this past sunday to try it out. i turned it on and went to the bios to configur everything i thought needed to be changed for my preferance, but i noticed that my hard drive didnt show up in main(tab selections.) before i even changed any settings or configurations. i cant get it to recognize the hdd, its a sata and ive got it plugged into sata-1(but have also tried all the other slots, all resulting in failure.) i can tell its spinning up but it just wont find it. so i took one of my ide hdd's out of my old computer and stuck it in there and it found it, so i thought maybe it was the hdd, but i got to installing windows and it would get past loading all of the files and drivers needed for the keyboard and hdd's and vgas and crap, then it would at the bottom display after loading everything "setup is starting windows" were after that gets done its got a eula that you gotta agree to to continue(f8 to continue, i no this bc ive installed many a time) but it would never leave the blue screen saying setup is starting windows, somtimes it would freeze up before it got to it. it did one time get past it then i went to format, ntfs (not quick) and it got to 100% and froze up, restarted and it went back to going nowhere. ive check to make sure the cd-rom isnt loose, all the connections in my computer are good, and ive tried to contact maxtor about this and they want me to run powermax on the hdd but i cant bc it isnt recognized by the system at all. so i really am not to concerned about the sata(i think its broke, hdd bios ****ed or something maybe) but i want to get this computer up and running here soon, first of all bc im at college and im mooching off of my roomies computer and secondly i have envested all this money on this computer and its setting there useless

At the blue screen when it's setting up to install windows you installed the SATA drivers by hitting F6 and using a floppy to load the drivers?(some motherboards include this floppy with drivers already to go on it).

Also. I had luck with disabling raid in the BIOS(since your using a single SATA correct?) After doing this the drive may show up as an IDE device and allow you to install windows on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online